I have been privileged to meet some amazing people in my life, some of whom have become dear friends. True friends add color to life that would otherwise be lacking regardless of how much success, fame, or money we make. So it’s important for us to pause sometimes amidst the craziness of life and just say to these special people, “Thank you for being my friend!”
Have you stopped to consider what life would look like without genuine friends to celebrate with, cry with, go on trips together with, share our successes and failures with? You would agree with me that this sort of life would be an absolute bore! Right?
But in our fast-paced world, it is so easy to get really busy that we forget to genuinely appreciate the people closest to us. We can sometimes take it for granted that our friends should do the things they do or wrongly assume that they would always be around. Remember that life happens and sometimes, the people you get to see every day suddenly get shipped off to the other end of the world.
So don’t forget to stop and just show how grateful you are to the true friends in your life. You can start by sending a text to your BFF right now to let them know you appreciate them. But don’t stop there, consider sending your note in a card that they can always see and remember.
Learning to practice gratitude like this would not only open the door to more relationships, but also bring about many other scientifically-proven benefits.
Thank You for Being My Friend: Qualities to Appreciate
- Katie, thank you for the value you place on our friendship. You never take me for granted and I appreciate that a lot.
- Thank you for always being there when it was convenient and when it wasn’t. You have shown me what true friendship really means, Alex.
- There are so many beautiful things I admire about you that I could go on and on. But I just wanted to take the time to appreciate you today for your loyalty. You are such a rare gem, Mary. Thank you!
- Andrew, thank you for being honest with me even when I didn’t want to hear it. I’ve come to know I can always count on you.
- I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate the most thoughtful, caring, and understanding person in my life. And that’s you! Thanks, Merlin!
- It’s such an amazing feeling to know that I’ve got a friend who always has my back. I appreciate you so much, Carol.
- Thank you for your commitment and consistency. Friends like you are rare and I consider myself blessed to have found you.
- What makes you such an amazing friend is your ability to see the best in others. Thank you for believing in me and bringing out the best in me.
Bonus tip: When it comes to appreciating our dear friends for the beautiful qualities they possess, there is such an endless list that we can go on and on. Here are some ideas: low-maintenance, acceptance, non-judgmental, respectfulness, trustworthiness, dependability, listening ears, openness, optimism, support, patience, passion.
Many More Reasons to Say Thank You
- Thanks Ed, for being the brother I never had.
- Your presence in my life means so much to me that even if you never did anything for me, just having you in my life is more than enough.
- The last few weeks have been really difficult for me but you stood by me through it all. I feel lucky to have you as a friend. Thank you, Max!
- Despite the distance, I know that I can always count on you to be there for me. And that means the world to me.
- Of all the choices I have made in life, this one makes me feel the proudest: The decision I made to become your friend.
- If I could go back in time, becoming your friend is the one choice I would have made a lot earlier.
- Our friendship has weathered some of the hardest storms. I appreciate what we share today, more than I ever have. Thank you, Simeone.
- I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am for the friendship we share. Friends are a dime a dozen. But genuine friends like YOU are hard to come by.
- Thank you for giving me the freedom to just be myself around you. Everyone deserves to have awesome friends like YOU.
- You’ve made such a beautiful impact on my life in the 3 months since I met you that it sometimes feels like I have known you forever. Thank you, Alison.
- Stacey, I just want to say thank you for coming to see me at the hospital. I don’t take it for granted. God bless you.
Thank You for Being My Best Friend
- Shannon, thank you for teaching me how to live, love, and laugh. You’re my BFF!
- How much time do you spend training to be so amazing? Because you are definitely the best friend anyone could ask for!
- Thank you for being my person. I know I can be a handful at times so I appreciate you for always being patient with me.
- Rosa, you have given me a million reasons to be thankful for our friendship. Life just feels brighter, better, and sweeter with you as my bestie. Cheers to many more years of friendship!
- Who needs many friends when they have a best friend like you? For everything you are and all you do, I just wanted to say thank you!
- I’m so grateful for all the memories we’ve created together, from our many summer camping trips, to backpacking through Europe, to taking Mandarin classes together. Looking forward to our next adventure!
- Every time I try to define who a true friend is, the only picture that comes to mind is YOU. You have set the bar so high, it’s almost impossible to find a friend as good as you. Thanks, Hannah!
- I think what’s so beautiful about our friendship is that you know all my secrets, failures and slip-ups. Yet, you treat me like I was perfect. Thank you, Steve!
- Today makes it 1 year since we first met at Barbara’s party. Thank you for making the last year the most amazing year of my life. You rock!
Thank You for Being My Friend: Funny Messages
- You’ve been such a fantastic friend that if we’re on a plane that was about to crash and there was just one parachute, I promise to give the best speech at your funeral.
- I just wanted you to know, I’m still wearing the smile you gave me the other day 🙂
- Erica, you’ve done so much for me in the last 3 years of our friendship, that it would take a lifetime if I ever wanted to pay you back. Thank you
- I just heard someone call her friend “ungrateful”, so I decided to write you a thank you card so you’ll never have to call me that. Haha!
- If I had a cent for every time I appreciate you, the world would be out of cents. Thank you Brad!
- “This isn’t a thank you card. It’s a hug with a fold in it.”
- Thank you Ashley! And please don’t ask me for what 😀
- I treasure our friendship so much, that if you ever tried to leave me, I’m going with you!
How to Use Inspiring Quotes to Say, “Thank You for Being My Friend”
When writing thank you messages to friends, I sometimes turn to popular friendship quotes for inspiration. I look for one that captures the essence of what I would like to say. And then I simply repurpose the quote in some shape or form into my thank you note.
Here’s an example of a quote that I have repurposed into a greeting card message: “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.”
- Paula, I just want to say thank you for being the kind of friend who can overlook my broken fence and simply admire the flower in my garden. You are very special to me.
Here’s another way you can use quotes in your thank you message:
- Hey Alice, I just read this somewhere. “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” And all I could think about was YOU. Thank you for being the amazing friend that you are
Feel free to do something similar with any of the friendship quotes below.
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together. – Woodrow Wilson
- “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” – Ally Condie
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold Glasgow
- “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” – Ed Cunningham
- “A good friend knows all your best stories, but a best friend has lived them with you.” – Unknown
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘You too? I thought I was the only one.’” – C.S.Lewis
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
- “If you hurt my best friend, I can make your death look like an accident.”
- Thank you,
- You’re simply amazing,
- From a grateful heart,
- Forever your friend,
- Forever and always,
- Your best friend,
- Lots of love,
- Your bestie,
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo that you can save to your board…so you can easily pull out this post when it’s time to write to that amazing friend!