Taking the leap into parenthood is a huge step for the soon-to-be parents. Letting them know how proud you are and expressing your excitement as they commence the new phase can be a huge confidence booster. So here are a couple of ideas of what to write in a new baby card for various baby-welcoming occasions. I have written this post to help you send a thoughtful message to your friends, family, and coworkers who are embarking on the lifelong journey of parenthood. I hope you enjoy it!
- When addressing a baby shower card, a good idea is to take a cue from the baby shower invitation. If it’s a couples’ shower, then address the card to both parents-to-be but if it’s a ladies-only shower, then you can address it to the expectant mother.
- Addressing your card to the newborn baby can be a really cute way of expressing your congratulatory message. There are lots of ideas in this post to help you nail this.
Short & Sweet New Baby Card Messages
Use messages from this section when you want to prefer to keep your message simple. They also work well for occasions when you don’t have a very close relationship with the new parents but would still like to send a thoughtful message. Most of the messages are gender-neutral as well to cater to instances where you are not sure whether it’s a boy or a girl.
- So happy for you and Derek! That’s going to be one lucky baby.
- Congratulations on receiving your new bundle of joy!
- So proud of you guys! Can’t wait to see that cute little smile.
- You’ve been blessed with a son to fill your life with fun. Congratulations!
- Only the best husbands get promoted to dad. Congratulations on making the cut, Ethan!
- Welcome to the hood! I hope parent-HOOD is filled with lots of fun, joy, and precious moments. Congrats, Luke!
- Congratulations on the arrival of Baby Jaden. Wishing you all the best for the future.
What to Write in a Baby Shower Card
The new baby card messages here cater perfectly for sending your congratulations and well-wishes ahead of the delivery date.
- I know how much you’ve looked forward to having your own baby. I’m so excited to be on this journey as we count down to the d-day.
- It must feel amazing to know that you are playing a huge role in bringing forth new life. So proud of you my favorite, soon-to-be mama!
- New life, new dreams, new hopes, a new future, and a new member of the human race. All because of you, Martha! I couldn’t be more proud of you!
- Word on the street is that the best behaved kids in heaven get sent to the sweetest moms. You’re so sweet, I’m pretty sure you’re going to have one really special baby.
- Becky, I’m so thrilled for you as you enter into this exciting phase of your life. Get ready for busy days, smelly diapers, sleepless nights but most importantly, endless love!
- Congratulations Sasha! Sending you our best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy and praying for safe delivery. We can hardly wait to meet your little bundle of joy!
- It’s amazing how the tiniest feet can make the biggest footprints in our hearts. I’m super excited for you as you are about to begin this new phase!
What to Write in a New Baby Boy Card
Here are some thoughtful new baby wishes to inspire you when writing a card message to congratulate the new parents on the arrival of their little man.
- Because of you, a new life has begun! You have every right to feel proud. Congratulations, Lisa!
- May your new baby boy bring lots of sunshine to your home and happiness into your hearts! Happy parenting guys!
- A part of your heart that was in your tummy is now a permanent part of your life. Congrats on having such a handsome-looking boy!
- Two are better than one. But three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. We’re so happy for you both on the new addition of your baby boy to your family.
- This is such wonderful news! We’re really excited to hear that mom, baby, and of course dad are doing well. Who does he look like?
- May the entrance of your baby boy bring a spike of happiness in your life’s graph. All the best in the new phase guys!
- I can only imagine your joy and pride at welcoming Baby Joe! You’re in for exciting times for sure. Congratulations Mike & Ashley!
- Because I am the coolest aunt, you’re going to have one really cool son! Congrats sis!
Bonus Tip: You can easily replace “aunt” with whatever defines your relationship with the new baby. So that could be uncle, nephew, niece etc.
What to Write in a New Baby Girl Card
Here are a few cute new baby wishes to inspire you when writing to the parents of the newest baby girl in town.
- A dad so good-looking, a mom so beautiful. Little wonder your baby girl is such a cutie. You both would make amazing parents! Congrats Paul & Kayla!
- I can hardly wait to meet your new baby. Waiting to see if she has cute eyes like you. What do you think?
- Congratulations Ed & Kim! Wishing you all the happiness in the world with your beautiful baby.
- Your little one chose the best family to belong to. I cannot think of a better mom and dad for her. You both would make amazing parents.
- Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. May all your dreams for your beautiful family come true. So pleased for you both!
- I’m sure the 9 months was a lot of work. But see what you got for it! Such a beautiful looking girl. Feels every bit like time well spent! Congrats Avery!
- I can’t say who got lucky! The beautiful baby that has such loving parents. Or the loving parents that have such a beautiful baby. I guess you all got lucky! Congrats David & Maria!
- Welcome to the clan sweet baby! I hope your life is filled with joy, wonder, happiness, lots of hugs, kisses and cuddles from mom and dad. Love you already!
Bonus Tip: If you are addressing your card before you’ve had an opportunity to hear the baby’s name, then you can refer to the baby using the family’s name. For example, a baby born to Lisa & Mark Thompson can easily be referred to as Baby Thompson.
What to Write in a New Baby Card for Grandparents
Children are the crown of the aged and it’s always a joy when parents transition to becoming grandparents. Here are a few messages to inspire you as you join the latest grandparents in their celebration.
- So delighted to hear that God has blessed you with a healthy and beautiful granddaughter. May your family treasure all those precious moments with her.
- Only the best parents get promoted to being grandparents. Congrats Granny Rosa!
- Congratulations on the birth of your Carl! Wishing you many more years in health so you get to enjoy lots of fun times with your grandson. All the best Grandpa!
What to Write in a New Baby Card (Funny Messages)
- “Ah, I feel so rested and did not have to worry about anything at all today.” Said no mom ever…
- Congratulations on giving up your right to uninterrupted sleep. Welcome, boss baby!
- One of the coolest things about being a parent is how much of yourself you start to see in your little one. I hope you enjoy what you see. Haha!
- Don’t know who gave you the terrible idea of having kids but I sure hope they told you what you were getting into. Just kidding. Don’t worry, parenting is work but it’s a lot more fun, joy, and happiness. Wishing you all the good things that parenthood brings. Lots of love.
- Here’s wishing you well as you being this $233, 610 dollar project. And that does not include the cost of a college education. Best of luck!
- So thrilled to hear about your safe delivery! Don’t worry about the difficulty of raising a child. It’s only sleepless nights, messy diapers, sticky floors, and laundry piles. You got this!
- Here’s a quick tip for the soon-to-be parents: If you’re worried about not having too much space with all the new baby things, get rid of your bed. You won’t be using it for a while anyways. Congrats guys!
- A Tip for the New Parents: No good ever comes from a toddler sitting naked on the couch. Happy parenting!
Bonus Tip: There are lots of interesting tips you can use in place of this one to spice up your card, ranging from ridiculously funny tips to helpful ones. Here’s a post I really enjoyed from Caroline Bologna at the Huffington Post that contains 35 tweets offering “parenting tips” that run the entire gamut from hilarious to helpful.
- Good things come in twos! Congratulations Ed & Emily!
- I read this quote somewhere; “when God sees a face he likes, He makes it twice!” Congratulations on your beautiful twins!
- Twins are God’s way of sending you a double dose of joy, fun, happiness and of course, work! LOL. Congratulations Jacob & Beth!
- Twice as many hugs and cuddles, twice the diapers, twice as many feedings…The list goes on. But what’s most important is that it’ll be twice as much the happiness because twins are twice the fun! Happy for you!
- Fun fact: Did you know that the word “twins” comes from “two-wins”? Just kidding! But honestly, it’s double the joy, double the fun and double the kisses. So yes, congratulations on your “two-wins”!
For Adopted Baby
- Congratulations Sam & Betty! Wishing you mountains of happiness together as a family. May you find joy in your new role as parents.
- Congrats and hats off to you both. Raising a child is the most important job in the world but we’re sure you’ve got what it takes. So happy for you, Mark & Angel!
- I am over the moon for you both. Congratulations on the new addition to your family! I’m sure you guys would make awesome parents.
- You’re going to make Emily’s life so, so beautiful. She is lucky to have you. Congrats to you both!
- So thrilled to hear that you are now parents! Really proud of you for taking this huge step. Warmest wishes to your beautiful family.
For Complicated Birth Circumstances
Sometimes, there are difficult situations (like health issues to mom or baby) that accompany the arrival of the little one. Use the messages in this section to express your joy at welcoming the new baby while also sending encouraging and optimistic words to the new parents.
- A warm, happy welcome to Baby Ella! Sending lots of love and healing thoughts to Mom.
- Congratulations and a very warm welcome to your newborn. Sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery as well. Love, Anna
- Congrats Mom and Dad! Glad to hear that baby Alex is responding well to treatments. He’d be home with you in no time so you don’t worry. Love always, Cynthia.
- Congratulations on making a miracle! We’re sure he’s in the best of hands at Kingston Memorial Hospital. Keeping the whole family in our prayers and looking forward to hearing that his surgery went well.
- Happy for you!
- So excited,
- God bless,
- Happy parenting!
- Best/Warmest wishes,
- So thrilled,
- Love always,
- All our love,
- Hugs and kisses to your little one,
- Happy snuggling,
Here’s a Pinterest friendly photo that you can save to your board…so you can easily pull out this post whenever you want to sign any new baby card.